Agrobacterium-Mediated Transient Expression in Sorghum Leaves for Accelerating Functional Genomics and Genome Editing Studie
Develop a transient gene expression system in sorghum to efficiently screen promoter-gene constructs.
- In planta Agrobacterium-mediated transient expression of transgenes is achievable in sorghum leaves
- High reproducibility, simplicity, rapidity, and feasibility to transform large constructs, which can directly be used for stable transformation.
- This method can be used for subcellular localization studies and physiological assays.
- Develop an Agrobacterium-mediated transient gene expression assay with intact sorghum leaves using green fluorescent protein as marker.
- Test genome editing capability using sgRNA to GFP protein in sorghum.
Sharma, R. et al. “Agrobacterium-mediated transient transformation of sorghum leaves for accelerating functional genomics and genome editing studies.” BMC Research Notes 13, 116 (2020). DOI:10.1186/s13104-020-04968-9